Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Politics

I realized the other day that my politics are exactly like the conservatives and, at the same time, exactly like the liberals: I want the government to do what I want it to do, and I want to have lots of money, excellent health benefits and pay no taxes.

I want my aging parents taken care of and I want my grandkids to have the best education possible (I sure do love my grandkids) and I don't want to have to pay for it.

I want clean air and inexpensive, well- made manufactured goods.

I also wish music was as good as it used to be, and if there's anything out there that brings me pleasure that may be illegal, I want it legalized.

I also want to eat and drink as much as I want and not worry about my health and I'd like to weigh 180 pounds again, like I did in high school.

And I want government out of my life, unless, of course, they can do all of the above for me.

And I don't want to have to pay for it.

2 comments:

Emilie said...

The American Dream!

Rashayla Marie Brown said...

Great blogg I enjoyed reading